Books I can't wait to pick up...

Friday, March 25, 2011

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I became absorbed with this book by the time I finished the first chapter. For those who have read this book, I'm sure you can agree with me that Shiver is a love story first, and a werewolf novel second. Maggie Stiefvater introduced me to a world where true love has no boundaries. As I continued reading, it felt as if I was a part of Sam and Grace's relationship. When they smiled, I smiled. When they kissed, I felt giddy. When departure seemed near, my heart ached with them.

I believe the reason why I felt so involved with the characters, was due to the fact that the story is told from two different perspectives, Grace and Sam. I loved the unique viewpoints this offered. So many times, as a reader, you only get to experience one character's side of the story. With Shiver, however, you're able to experience the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a journey as two people fall even deeper in love.

All in all, Shiver is a magnificent read. Stiefvater has created a world in which you can dream about and relate to, all at the same time. I can't wait to get started on Linger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment