Books I can't wait to pick up...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

DeliriumDelirium by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I initially picked up this book because of the praise it received among the blogger community, but I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. Considering love to be a disease was such a unique book topic, yet I found myself wondering how it could be done. However, as I continued to read, I found myself getting more and more absorbed. Without giving away any plot information, I'll just say that Delirium is definitely one of my favorite reads of 2011, so far.

One of my first "favorite books" (and I say first, because I have way too many to pick just one) was 1984, by George Orwell. For those who have read 1984, you can see why I would enjoy this book. I would recommend Delirium to anyone who is looking for a refreshing read that will leave them smiling, crying, and begging for more.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Did you like it more than or less than Before I Fall? I know they're different, but from an overall read, which was better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I actually have not read that book yet. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked it, but not as much as others have. I struggled to get into it because I have a hard time buying into the whole "popular girls rule the school and intentionally hurt the feelings of others" story. I never experienced that in real life, so it always seems to me to be a book/movie/tv thing, and I just can't comprehend it. I rolled my eyes a lot in the beginning. That being said, once the story moves along and the main character develops, I couldn't put the book down. The ending left me with some unanswered questions, but overall it was entertaining and a good read.

    ReplyDelete