Books I can't wait to pick up...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)I absolutely loved reading this book. Hex Hall is such a fun read. Filled with witty comebacks, unusual classmates, a "you-can't-help-but-to-fall-for-him" hottie, and a headstrong heroine, this book will have you laughing, as well as scrambling for the next  page.

I think one of the reasons that I really enjoyed reading Hex Hall, was the fact that it was a fresh take on the "Paranormal YA" genre. Not that I don't enjoy my angst-filled relationships and dilemmas, but it was nice to laugh a little more for a change. However, I'm sure Demonglass will probably have a darker feel (just speculation, haven't read it yet) due to the events that come to light towards the end of book one. Either way, I loved Hex Hall so much that I'm pretty sure I'll love the rest of the series, no matter the level of darkness.

All in all, I would totally recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick, fun, and exciting read. (Reader must also value sarcasm and witty remarks, whether spoken or thought.)

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. I have had this on my to-read shelf for a while. I guess I really do need to finally pick it up and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you should! I saw it in the book store, and I was not too sure about it, but after I read the first couple of pages, I decided to buy it. It's a quick read, but I enjoyed it! (I just got back from buying Demonglass so I can start reading it in my spare time LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked it! I read and reviewed Hex Hall just recently. Fell in love! :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an awesome book. I'm really looking forward to reading Demonglass! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is STILL sitting on my shelf! I hope I can read it sometime soon because I could totally use a funny read right about now!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete